In Store Design Consultant
The Junior Design Consultant will be responsible for dealing with any and all customer questions pertaining to products and services the company offers. A Junior Design Consultant is expected to be the expert on product knowledge, services, and policies. This person will represent the company aesthetic through client Design Presentations, the presentation of the sales floor, signage, and displays.
- Bachelors degree in Interior Design or Similar
- Previous retail or sales experience
- Passionate about communication and interacting with new people regularly
- Owning initiative and jumping into new tasks daily
- Computer literate; familiarity using POS systems
- Extremely personable, positive, and approachable
- Enthusiastic attitude in person and over the telephone.
- Detail orientated and accurate
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time; can lift up to 50 pounds
- Be comfortable working shifts alone
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required
- Promptly greet customers as they enter the store
- Assist customers with questions, needs and purchases
- Schedule design appointments with potential new clients
- Work with clients to achieve the desired look in their home
- Travel to client sites to take measurements/photos
- Complete space planning presentation for client
- Recommend, select and help locate merchandise for customers
- Cross-sell and encourage beneficial product add-ons
- Promote current sales, promotions, coupon deals, etc.
- Operate POS , receive/process cash, check and credit card payments
- Complete each transaction in a quick and efficient manner
- Facilitate product installation and style as needed
- Handle customer complaints in a calm and professional manner
- Report anything unusual, or any major incidents, to management
- Merchandise and restock product
- Maintain an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Help create a positive environment in which to shop and buy
- Take direction from and report to assigned supervisor
- Work as a team to achieve sales goals
Please email a copy of your resume to Design@linenandflax.com.